Dr. John Hubbard and Dr. Kelly Chotowetz

What to Bring to your First Visit

What to Bring to your First Visit

Dental Benefit Provider Information

Please bring as much Dental Benefit Provider (insurance) information with you as possible. You will need to know the policy holder name, the policy, plan or group number as well as the individual policy holder ID number. Also don't forget to bring the birthdates of both spouses and all dependants covered by the policies.

Please bring as much coverage information as possible. This includes: benefit year, plan annual and lifetime maximums, plan treatment limitations, plan coverage percentages, does the plan accept assignment of benefits as well as requirement for predetermination of benefits. You can get this information from your employer or you may also be able to find it on your Dental Benefit Providers website, see our links page.

Our administrative staff will need this information for all your dental plans (both primary and secondary - that is to say your plan and your spouses plan, or both parents' plans).

If you have any questions or concerns about what to bring please do not hesitate to contact one of our Administrative Team members.

Medical Information

Please bring the name, address and phone number of your current medical doctor and any specialists who are treating you. Please also have with you a list of medications you are taking, both prescription and non-prescription medications.

Please insure you have complied with any prophylactic medication requirements prior to your dental visit (see our section on Medical Considerations for more information).


One of the most common questions we are asked by new patients who are scheduling their first appointment is - "What do I need to bring from my previous dentist?" It is best to let us call your previous dentist's office to find out what x-rays they have on file and when they were taken. If the x-rays are outdated we will not ask to have them released to our office. A lot of the time a patient will be asked to sign a release form to allow the previous dental office to forward the x-rays; this is required under the Health Information Act of Alberta. (We do not require a copy of the paper chart. That stays with the dentist).

Back to top